John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Whirlpool front loading washer Model #WFW9151YW00: The washer

Customer Question

Whirlpool front loading washer Model #WFW9151YW00: The washer is about 11/2 years old and is leaking from the door during the wash cycle, there is a rubber seal/gasket around the perimeter of the door. Do I need to replace the seal? Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dave. If the seal is the problem you should see a tear or a wrinkle in the lip that touches the door glass. How does it look?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just checked, no tear, wrinkle etc., looks actually in good condition. The washer started out with a small leak about a month ago, it was like a tear drop running down your face type of leak & now its leaving a puddle.

If it runs down the front from under the door it is usually the glass and lip on the seal not making full contact. Put a light film of peanut butter on the seal and close the door as you normally would. Open the door and see if there are any gaps in the mark it puts on the glass. Then you will know where to look closer for a problem in the seal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there any way to keep this open because my house keeper didn't realize that I was going from my laptop in the office to the laundry room so she started a load. I don't mind paying you.

You can reply back whenever you have more information to report or have questions about what to do. If the bellows as the door seal is called needs replaced you need to pull off the washer top, remove a large clamp from the drum lip and a spring retainer just inside the door under the lip. There is a little more but that is the basics. Let me know what you find.