JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a new Whirlpool Dutch door refrigerator. It runs constantly.

Customer Question

I have a new Whirlpool Dutch door refrigerator. It runs constantly. I have only had it for a month. I called Whirlpool and they said they will charge me more than $100 to come out and check it out. The only time I don't hear it is when I have the TV loud or I have a lot of people in the house. It is so annoying to come down in the morning to what used to be a quiet house and all I hear is the fridge humming.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Since you have only had the machine for a month, it should be under warranty. I would call the store that you purchased it from and see if you can work with them to get it checked. The store may have their own service provider that can check it for you. I would definitely get the store involved in this, the store may be able to get things done for you that you can't get done on your own.Since you say that it runs all the time, it could be a poor door seal causing it, it could be a bad control board or thermostat causing it.