Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a newer GE washer that displays LID and won't do

Customer Question

I have a newer GE washer that displays LID and won't do anything. What is wrong and how do I fix it? Model number GHWN5250D0WS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unplug the washer for 5 minutes and plug it back in. Open and close the lid and then see if the washer will work. if not, then the reed switch for the lid assembly has failed below the top panel of the washer and the switch needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the switch and at the bottom of the link is a video that shows you how to replace the part yourself. CLICK HERE for switch assembly and video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just replaced the switch and as soon as you hit start it says LID and does nothing. Now what?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the lid switch came good and it's still giving the error code, then you just have a bad main control board not reading the switch properly or a broken wire between the switch and the control board. You'll need to check the wires and if that checks good the main control board will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is that part number?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That would be part number WH12X10613.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.