Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 20" apartment sized Hotpoint oven. The control knob

Customer Question

I have a 20" apartment sized Hotpoint oven. The control knob for the oven has no numbers on it. How do you tell the temperature of the oven?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I can not help without a model number I'm afraid. The model would be located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The stove is in my daughter's apt. Home Depot Model RA720KWH shows a control panel and the oven knob has no numbers on it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If there are no numbers on the knob, then the etching has worn off. The knob itself would need to be replaced. The part number is ***** and it costs about $24. Below is a link to the knob you can order and it will have numbers all the way around it. Whatever number is ***** up toward the ceiling is what you have the temperature set to inside the oven. CLICK HERE for knob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why does a new oven show a control knob with no numbers on it? I do not think that the numbers wore off as the control knobs for the range are like new.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't. The knob looks something similar to the one below
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?