John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Whirlpool Gold small, stand alone ice maker which

Customer Question

'I have a Whirlpool Gold small, stand alone ice maker which makes a grugling sound. The cooling plate is cool, but no ice is produced
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting me!Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?If open the door it should be under the grid on the right hand side wall.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The factory information on the grid is illegible. The thing I know about the machine is that it apparently is a 40/50 pound ice cuber, Whirlpool Gold probably a 2003/2002 model.
ok that is not very much help !Can you tell is the water running over the silver Evaporator plate behind the grid? And is the water reservoir full of water?and where is this gurgling noise coming from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Evaporator plate is damp cool but I've seen no water running over it. The Water reservoir has very little water standing in the bottom and the gurgling noise is a pulsating noise coming from the area of the Evaporator plate
ok lets pour some water in the reservoir and see if it then flows water over the Evaporator plate.