The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Our WM3360 seems to run normally in all cycles, and does clean

Customer Question

Our WM3360 seems to run normally in all cycles, and does clean the clothes. However, it never drains completely. I manually drain 1-2 cups of water after each load (through the small hose beside the screw-out trap on the lower-left front of the machine). There is no problem with the regular drain hose (it drains at appropriate times throughout the cycles), and the trap is clean. The amount of water varies a little, but is never less than a good cup. If I don't drain it, it smells awful in a hurry.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer.The amount of water left in the unit is actually normal. To eliminate the smell that develops use some "Affresh" once a month. That will stop it from smelling in a hurry and is something that should be done to keep the soap residue and skin oils from building up on the interior of the wash tub and pipes.Best, Smitty.