John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My dishwasher occasionally has no lights lit up. When I go

Customer Question

My dishwasher occasionally has no lights lit up. When I go to start it its unresponsive. Then at some point it starts working again but im not sure what the cause is.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.When it does not work ,have you tested the plug /outlet for voltage ?You may have a loose wire in the circuit that supplies voltage to it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't tested the plug or the outlet. The dishwasher is tucked into the counter, I'm not sure how to get it out. I'm assuming the is some plumbing I'd have to disconnect before yanking it out from under the counter.
the dishwasher cord should go into the cabinet that is under the sink and then plug in to an outlet right under the kitchen sink area
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There doesn't appear to be any visible plug in the adjacent cabinets.
ok it may be hard wired ( no plug)Turn the circuit breaker OFF and back On and see if it then will come to life.Do you have a volt -ohm meter to be able to do any testing of the components or for voltage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I have a meter somewhere. What would I be testing with the meter? I'm not home right now but I'll try the circuit breaker later, although I didn't see one labeled for the dishwasher, but I'll just try them all until I find it.
you will need to open the door remove the four screws across the inner door panel and and then the next screw down on each side and open the console ,inside on the main control board is a thermal fuse mounted on the control board it will have two black wires on it turn the breaker off to the dishwasher and then remove one of those black leads and test the resistance on the thermal fuse for continuity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took it a part and didn't see what you were referring to. I took photos, but I think I'm just going to call someone to come take a look at it. Thanks anyway, but this isn't really working for me.