Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Kenmore ultra bake triple task oven burners shut off shortly

Customer Question

My Kenmore ultra bake triple task oven burners shut off shortly after I turn them on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! During the preheat, the elements will cycle on and off repeatedly. Then, once to temperature, the bake element will cycle more regularly to maintain the temperature. What exactly is it doing, have in temperature issues, or did you just notice the element cycling? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,
The burners turn on cycle like they are suppose to and then shut off for good, never coming back on unless I turn the control knob off and back on again. I think it's a circuit board? Your thoughts. I was surprised how long it took for you to respond.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I agree, it does sound control related. I apologize for the delay in getting to your question. Can you please double check and post the complete model number? It will have three digits, followed by a period, then eight more digits.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Kenmore and the model number is ***** where to be found. I looked everywhere, including under the range. Very frustrating, what can you do without a model number?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It may be behind the lower drawer. Or, it may be on a swivel tag on the back, accessed by reaching over the control console.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked all those spots not there. I think I'm going to by another stove. The control boards is $415.00. I used the part number from the existing control board to get that price. We're done, thanks for your help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I understand, thank you.