John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Kitchenaid dishwasher(###) ###-####8 has already had the soap

Customer Question

My Kitchenaid dishwasher(###) ###-####8 has already had the soap dispenser replaced for leaking out the bottom of the door and now it is not opening and releasing the soap. Also it is not cleaning the dishes in the top rack
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?and(###) ###-####8 Is NOT a Kitchen-aid model number.open the door on the right side of the tub face frame should be the model / serial tag. When the dispenser was replaced was the electrical harness hooked back up to the solenoid on the dispenser?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KUDS40CVSS4, yes the haRNESS WAS HOOKED UP BECAUSE IT WORKED FOR SOMETIME
ok so id did work after you installed it .and have you opened the door back up and tested the resistance of the dispenser solenoid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO I AM NOT A TECHNICIAN
Ok this is a DIY web site !So did you replace the dispenser or have someone else do it?