John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

HOT WATER WON'T FILL ON MAYTAG LAT7314AAE. REPLACED FILL VALVE

Customer Question

HOT WATER WON'T FILL ON MAYTAG LAT7314AAE. REPLACED FILL VALVE AND STILL WON'T FILL.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.I`m assuming that you do get a cold water fill? Have you tested the hot valve solenoid for voltage when it should be filling?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not, but it is a brand new fill valve that I just installed. I suppose it is possibly defective. The cold water works fine.
Or the original valve was not getting voltage to open the hot water solenoid to let water in either.Do you have a Volt=-Ohm meter and know how to use it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have that electrical equipment., But I would like to know more about what I would need and how to use them so that I can test it. It seems like the valve is OK, but I'm not sure what else to check.
you can purchase a volt-ohm meter almost any place if they even have the smallest electrical isle.You will need to call for water warm or hot ,and test for voltage on the two wires that attach the hot valve solenoid ,testing for 120 volts A/C