Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Maytage DW Model #MDB7749SBB2 control button lights

Customer Question

Hello! My Maytage DW Model #MDB7749SBB2 control button lights are out of sync - when I push normal wash, the auto clean,rinse only, sanitized, steam & delay button light up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens after the heating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, thanks for the response, I will give il this a try and let you know. Thanks! Janet
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** me posted!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, looks like I have to replace the panel. I gave what you said a try, but it didn't work. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Bummer, I was hoping it would come back to life.