MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Hey tyler. first time on this site and not sure what the process is. i have a front loa

Customer Question

hey tyler. first time on this site and not sure what the process is.
i have a front loading LG washer that stopped draining. it took it apart, cleared the filter, removed and cleaned the motor. the propeller was a bit loose. i tested the motor and it spins normally
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
The motor is bad- there can be no looseness on the impeller at all. Replace it and the washer will drain just fine. The motor does run, but the shaft is slipping on the impeller so that is why no draining.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually took the pump apart and reseated the prop and cleaned it out completely. The prop is definitely not slipping. It is super solid now guaranteed.One thing I noticed is that even with the drum and lots of water, the small drainage tube that is next to the filter doesn't drain any water at all. That seems wrong. Removing the filter does drain the drum very fast so I don't that is blocked. I have removed the main drain hose and it seems clear now. I read something about a siphon hose online. The machine is about six years old.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
That small drain tube is clogged then- it has nothing to do with the washer draining by itself in any case. I stand by my original answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know if the pump motor has a temperature sensor ? Is there a sensor that could be bad and stopping the pump?The prop is definitely not slipping anymore and I'm sure I'm going to replace the motor and the problem will still be there.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
I have an offer for you.