Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Kenmore model 110.92966100. washer has full load in it. filled

Customer Question

Kenmore model 110.92966100. washer has full load in it. filled up, started to run. Wife walked away and it stopped. With control knob in, makes a buzzing noise. Not the unbalanced noise. Sounds like a sensor switch. it dos not matter what cycle its on either. Turned the knob to all the setting. But only seems to buzz at certain points in each cycle. Any ideas.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
This sounds like the motor may be stalled. It is likely that a sock could have gotten stuck in the pump then it will stall the motor and just hum on any cycle with a a full load of water in it. You would need to take off the front of the unit to get at the pump. This appears to be a stackable unit correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm having difficulty figuring out how to remove front to get to the pump. This is the Kenmore Elite 27" wide extra large capacity plus laundry center. I looked everywhere for information on removing it. Any thoughts or do I just tip it back?
You need to remove the center panel between the units. Then there are two large odd shaped clips that pop off towards the back. The top will then slide straight forward and lift off. Then you can remove the front panel screws and get at the pump.