John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Tyler. I have a Maytag French door unit mf12665xem7 that

Customer Question

Hi Tyler. I have a Maytag French door unit mf12665xem7 that will not cycle the dual valve for the ice maker. The input water line to the dual valve will only allow water through the water valve and not the ice maker input line. Please help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Is the icemaker sending power to the valve or not when it cycles?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I press the ice button I can see the auger turning.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
That has no bearing on anything. You will need and know how to use a voltmeter. I am making you an offer for live help to solve this as typing is not going to work with you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was an Avionics Master Technician in the Air Force and very familiar with voltmeters. Send me a copy of the electronic schematic diagram for the control board and icemaker as this would be a lot easier to apply with your instruction’s for troubleshooting where to test for voltage or ohms and what reading are expected. How do you test cycle the icemaker?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Take a look at this video and see if it helps you with your problem.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBI5Kj5t2KEI hope that this helps with your problem.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with this?