JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Kenmore washer HE2 plus won't begin cycle, when I press start

Customer Question

Kenmore washer HE2 plus won't begin cycle, when I press start the display reads F24.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
The "F24" error code typically indicates an issue with the water temperature sensor. This sensor monitors the temperature of the water to ensure it is accurate for the chosen wash cycle and fabric selection. It also will turn off the washing machine automatically if the temperature reaches dangerous levels due to a fault or other problem.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
You can try this to solve the issue, press "Pause/Cancel" twice. Reselect a new wash cycle plus any desired modifiers and press "Start."If the F24 error code returns, press "Pause/Cancel" twice to cancel the cycle. Disconnect power and wait 30 minutes before restoring power to the washing machine. This reset procedure may be all that is needed to clear the error code.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with this?