Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I'm just trying to look up why my dishwasher wont drain. I'm

Customer Question

I'm just trying to look up why my dishwasher wont drain. I'm pretty sure its just clogged because there are tons of pieces of paper floating in the water but not sure where it might be clogged
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EDW4000G00WW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
series HD736997B Is there any other info you need?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The drain pump is mounted in the back of the machine, shown as number 325 in the diagram below. It will need to be cleaned out, as well as the components to the right in the diagram. CLICK HERE The dishwasher will need to be completely pulled out to access those components!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll do that. If this does not work do I just come back to this screen and ask you or do I have to pay another $28 and start over?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You can come back here as much as you need to, there is not an extra charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got part 325 off (wasn't able to get the dishwasher pulled out but got it off anyway...pays to be a girl with small hands) there didn't appear to be anything in it. Where does part 463 go to? Wondering if that is possibly clogged because as soon as I disconnected part 325 all the water drained out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nevermind...I finally was able to get the dishwasher pulled out and get the hose off. It appears the soap "packets" haven't been fully dissolving. Is there a way to make sure part 325 isn't bad before I put it all back together? I got a lot cleaned out but would hate to put it all back together and find that it still doesn't work.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It will be physically broken, in most cases. They are a very hearty pump, I doubt it will need to be replaced.