Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Jon- We have a very similar situation. Except our washer

Customer Question

Hi Jon-
We have a very similar situation. Except our washer is Samsung model DV331AGR/XAA. We cut the circuit and tried to reset the board. Still nothing. As you stated with the other person, I may have to replace the board. What would the part number for the main board be for my model? I know you thought it was more than likely the board may need to be replaced, but I also want to check the fuses before paying for a new board. Where are the fuses? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's actually a dryer. Please let us know that you have received our question. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the contact information? Please let us know. Tomorrow at about 11am would be a good time.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The board for your model is available at the URL below. What exactly is your dryer doing?
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/DC9200382A/2073760?ss=c13-x64763333316167722f786161&mr=1?rcaid=1000054
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly I changed the board and still the dryer is not working. As stated it turns on, the front panel lights up but when you press to turn start drying - nothing. Please help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
When you open and close the door, does the light turn on and off? Can you hear the door switch clicking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the light turns on and off. I can also hear door switch clicking.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Any other noise when you press the start button, like humming or buzzing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No buzzing or humming, but I do hear a clicking when press the start button.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Number 1-2 in the diagram at the link below is a thermal fuse. This may be open and would not allow the motor to start. It is mounted on the blower housing. Do you have a meter to test it for continuity? CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a multimeter... But how do I test it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Test it for continuity. Put your meter to a resistance setting, when the leads are touched together, the needle will move or the display turn to 0. It should do the same thing when you touch the leads to the terminals of that switch (be sure to remove the wires and unplug the dryer).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand but how do I get the thermal fuse. Which wires are you talking about. Last night I removed the exhaust pipe and the access panel at the bottom of the dryer. I cleaned the entire bottom of the dryer. The blower housing is deep inside. How do I get to it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Oh, sorry. The top will come off, followed by the control panel and then the complete front panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So you mean remove the entire panel and door? So I go in from the front not the back.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am looking to see if I have a manual for that model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Awesome thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No manual but the video below should help! CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great video, but crap, I have to remove the drum... Ok no worries but before I go through that can you tell me which wires I can test to make sure the problem is the thermal fuse? Which ones will I best testing?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You will need to remove the wires from the fuse. Then test the terminals on the fuse, not the wires.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh wow, so no matter what I have to take the dryer apart just to even check if it is . So I should just order the part. Might as well buy the part and change it if it turns out that is the problem. How sure are you that the thermal fuse is the problem?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, the click you are hearing is the relay on the board closing. So, the door switch circuit has to be closed. This thermal fuse and the belt switch are the only parts between the power at the control and the motor. I am pretty confident one of them is faulty. The fuse is more common. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, Thank you for your help. I know there is no guarantee you are 100% right but I do appreciate your help. I will be overnighting the part. I will get back to you after the install. Hopefully with good news. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, keep me posted!