John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE Profile refridgerator / freezer and all

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile refridgerator / freezer and all functions in the door have stopped. No ice or water. What do I check to find out whats wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You likely either have a faulty connection at the upper door hinge where the door harness plugs into the main wiring or the main control board has failed. Unplug the machine and check the wiring harness at the top of the door. If it is clean and connected securely, plug the unit back in. If still no door functions, replace the main control on the back of the cabinet, available below. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All of the other lights are on the front panel. Just the ice and water dont work so I think that means the power connection is good?