Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Maytag Neptune stacked washer and gas dryer, model #MLG2000AWW,

Customer Question

Maytag Neptune stacked washer and gas dryer, model #MLG2000AWW, bought in 2/04.
On the last few loads (small ones, now), the clothes coming out of the washer are close to dripping wet. I have always had the "MAX EXTRACT" button set, so the clothes came out very damp, not dripping wet as it's doing now. I reset the choices, and pressed MAX EXTRACT, but the washes still come out dripping wet. I thought it was the belt, so I bought one. I removed the back (after I bought the belt) and saw that the existing belt was fine. I ran the washer through 2 full cycles and saw that the tub did spin, but it seems that it doesn't spin fast for long. In fact, I don't think it spins fast enough to get my clothes to the MAX EXTRACT result. What am I missing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the main control and wax door lock motor will need to be replaced. This is very common for these machines. Put the machine to a spin cycle and start it. Allow about 5 minutes to pass and then stop the machine and try to open the door. Does it open right away or is there about a 2 minute delay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a 2 minute delay. Does that have anything to do with the speed of the spin and the length of time of the spin?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the issue is likely with the tub displacement switches. If you remove the front panel from the washer (open doors and remove screws on each side of door opening), there is a switch at the bottom of the tub, right in the very front. Are the wires intact to that switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Order ID: 15480769-467. Kelly's second response was answered with a question. I answered the question, but the only response I received from that was a $5 deposit to answer my question. I paid that $5 five days ago, and I would like an answer that has something to do with my washer's problem. Please email me the "cure!"