Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I was just reading this thread about not draining... and when

Customer Question

I was just reading this thread about not draining... and when you test spin cycle - just hums. I have same issue.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the transmission spins freely in one direction. It will spin the other direction for a few rotations then stops.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the transmission stops when the tub should be spinning, you either have a faulty transmission or there is something preventing the tub from spinning. Does there seem to be anything stuck between the tubs? Can you remove the inner tub to inspect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem solved. There was a sock inside the drain pump. Removed drain pump and hoses. Pull out sock. Reassembled. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Odd that the transmission would only spin manually in one direction, but glad you got it going. Thank you for the update.