Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I would like to get your advice but feel uncomfortable about giving

Customer Question

Hi I would like to get your advice but feel uncomfortable about giving you my credit card info. My dishwasher started off with the heated dry button never turning off. Now that is the only light on the right side that goes on. The heavy, normal, and light cycle selections (on the left) still go on but because the start button no longer works, the dishwasher won't start. I read some posts which all said to replace the control board and when I did, there was no change.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you the credit card is no longer an issue. I paid with paypal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why hasn't anyone answered my quiestion? perhaps I am doing it the wrong way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been almost 2 days since I submitted my question and I have not yet received an answer. Please refund my money.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been extremely frustrating trying to get my dishwasher to work. It was made much worse when JustAnswer guaranteed me and answer within 24 hours and didn't e-mail me at all and only let me know on this site after 3 days, after requesting a refund, that they weren't answering my question. And my paypal was still charged.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
I see no one has assisted you as of yet .My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 internet repairs under my belt.Do you still need assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Ok if you have keypads that are none responsive ,replacing the control board will not fix that issue.Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and here is the consolec /keypad assembly if you need it . The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad-And-Control-Panel/W10810424/4248256?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=w10199754?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.