Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Maytag washer model # ***** is stuck with 5 mins left

Customer Question

My Maytag washer model # ***** is stuck with 5 mins left on cycle and the light next to spin is flashing. Any advice?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ended up unplugging machine so it wouldn't be on all night.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the machine won't get past starting to fill with water right after you begin a cycle.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If there is no water left in the tub, the issue is likely with the pressure switch circuit. The pressure switch is mounted at the top of the machine, accessed by removing the top of the machine. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I unplugged it and when I plugged it back in it started a cycle with out having pushed any buttons and the door stays locked. Also the drum does not spin.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Is the water pumping out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at first. But when you unplug it and plug it back in it does. Sometimes it won't even fill up
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the pressure switch is telling the control that there is water in it when there is not. See if you can blow through that pressure tube.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok give me a little bit. If it's blocked I just clear the blockage and the machine will work
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, make sure that hose is clear and then we can proceed, if necessary.