Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Model no. RM288PXP-0 SERIAL NO. M51806875 the micro wave oven

Customer Question

model no. RM288PXP-0 SERIAL NO. M51806875 the micro wave oven on the top is not heating up, but the traditional oven at the bottom is working alright. Which part is broken?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Does the microwave sound the same as when it was heating? Not very quiet or making a buzzing sound?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it sounds normal but no temperature
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the micro wave oven make noise only, it doesn't heat up, no temperature.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Usually, the magnetron is at fault if the microwave sounds the same. There is really no way to test it with certainty as it would require high voltage testing equipment for an accurate diagnosis. So, I would recommend replacing the magnetron, number 26 in the diagram at the link below. CLICK HERE That being said, the magnetron is a high voltage component and there is some danger in replacing it, even with the power off. There is a large capacitor in the microwave that can hold a lethal charge for a very long time. If you are not familiar with this type of repair, I would recommend you have it professionally installed. You can save some money ordering the part yourself below. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!