Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My duet selector knob setting will not select normal

Customer Question

my duet selector knob for heat setting will not select normal setting. it skips over it. will only go to high, delicate or super delicate. also, the timer setting buttons next to the knob are not working all the time. this all just started and at the same time
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The User Interface control, number 19 in the diagram below, is likely having issues. It may need to be replaced but there is a trick we can try first. Unplug the dryer. Remove the three screws from the rear of the top panel and slide the top off. Use a hair dryer to heat the control until very hot for several minutes. Does the behavior change when plugged back in? CLICK HERE