Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Working on Amana refrigerator and the auger motor keeps

Customer Question

Working on Amana refrigerator and the auger motor keeps running when the door is open but won't turn when trying to dispense ice
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a short in the wiring or in the dispenser control. Do you have a meter to test the wires at the door for a short?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I asked the question, I took the front panel off and found the Ice dispenser switch stuck in the closed position and have
ordered two new micro switches for the ice and water dispenser. Thanks for your response.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I understand, thank you. Odd that it operates with the door open, though, it shouldn't.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't think it should either, then a turned off the main switch on the door and the auger stopped. Turned it back on and the auger started that is when I noticed the ice dispenser switch was rusted in the closed position.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how it goes after the switch is replaced.