John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My kitenaid dishwasher, model # ***** won't run. When

Customer Question

My kitenaid dishwasher, model # ***** won't run. When I press the start button it lights up. I close the doors and I can hear a faint noise for a very short time like it is trying to start but doesn't. The control panel is on the top of the door, not the exterior. I can see the appropriate lights on, but then they all do out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for requesting me !Does the unit even fill with water ? And it appears this model does not have a time display is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it doesn't fill. Also there is water that apparently didn't drain previously at the bottom. I press drain, the light goes on, I close the door, here some faint noises for a short time (no draining,faint mechanical noises)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm waiting to see if the drain light eventually goes off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. The light went off. I don't see a timer display or button
open the door and on the floor of the unit under the bottom rack is a float switch rise it up an down a few times then try to run the unit once again .Let me know what it does.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as I was moving the float the control lights came on, but nothing happened. Should I try the drain button again to remove the water
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried the drain button again. It lit up but nothing happened
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello????
I`m sorry I had a fire alarm I had to go on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem
When you try to start it you said you hear a noise can you describe the noise and where it seems o be coming from.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's very faint. almost like a turning noise. Like it keeps attempting to start. Then after about a minute it stops and the cancel light comes on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It makes the same noise when I press the Cancel/drain button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I give up
Sorry I do not work 24 hours a day 7 days a week So you would you say ti is something trying to run?could it be the water valve humming and just not letting water into the unit?And the water supply to the unit has never been turned off correct.