John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Water is leaking in the freezer and collects on the bottom

Customer Question

Water is leaking in the freezer and collects on the bottom shelf or leaks to the floor. We have an ice machine with water dispenser. Don't know where leak starts
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? And do you see any ice or water above the floor of the freezer , on the shelves or on the food ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # ***** Water collects on the bottom only. It looks like on the bottom and in back there is a compressor or motor. Can it be leaking from there? There is no water on any of the other shelves or from Ice machine that I can see.
No the compressor is out side of the unit and the water is inside the unit,I suspect you have a frozen drain hole line to the drain pan under the unit.you have an interior rear wall panel that comes off and behind it is the Evaporator coil ,under the coil there is a drain trough.You will need to defrost the ice that is there I recommend a hair dryer if you have one .And then the drain hole I use HOT water and a turkey baster to clear the drain hole and force water down the drain line.Let me know if you have any questions.