Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I need to remove the lid to my maytag bravos XL mvwb725bno.

Customer Question

76275357 15477759-513 Did not get the correct answer and was not able to chat with him after I received his answer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
This came to me .what was your issue and when was the issue? I find nothing under your user ID.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I viewed the youtube website that you gave me. I needed to replace my lid lock contraption. I had viewed this same video last week. When I got to the part about opening the lid with a putty knife I couldn't get past that because I had screws holding it in place and could not get to the screws to remove them. It did not showed the screws on the video and I can't get past this point.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Account # ***** and Order ID# *****Then I was not able to respond to you using the chat and was charged for answering my question when I wasn't done/satisfied
there are NO screws that hold the top panel down only the two clips.Are you sure that you have given the correct model number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is ***** XL MVWB725BNO
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And yes there are screws holding it in place but can't get to them.
can you send me a picture of these screws ? using the paper clip icon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That will take awhile if I can't send it to a website using my phone. I will have to take the time to learn how to put it on my computer and forward it.
ok can you tell me where these screws are located at? front corner ,back ,ETC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
around a metal bar/clip attached to the top of the washer - same spot as the clips are. I did get the clips removed properly.
now the clips I`m talking about are on the front of the washer just at the seam of the front panel and the top panel correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I know exactly where the clips are. The section that the clips are is where the screws are
ok I asked because you said you did get the clips removed .the clips do not come out you are just unlocking the clips.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct and the screws are around the front of the washer
I have never seen any screws that hold the top washer panel down to the cabinet .And your units console looked like the video and like this? http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/186/00000079/680/900
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's where the clips are located.
and is that the same place theses screws are?Where are the screws in regard to the left and right clips.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I removed the back panel to disconnect the two plugs that the video asked me to, that should have been my first clue. They did not match exactly, but I was able to find them. I did unplug the two th
what do you mean it did not match exactly ? that is your model And your last sentence is cut off ,, all I got was ((I did unplug the two th))
are you still in need of assistance? if not !! Then If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech. And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me, I will still assist you, no extra charges . But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.