Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Jenn air jds9860aaw and just the cancel button

Customer Question

Hi I have a Jenn air jds9860aaw and just the cancel button stopped working .. how can I fix that
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.You may have to replace the console /keypad ,but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens .Here is a link to the part if you need it .The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad-And-Control-Panel/74005751/895134?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I will try that. Just massage the one button that is not working?
yes no need to massage the working keys ,just the one not working .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not work. I repair macs is there a way to get into the control panel and fix it that way
the button are on a ribbon membrane they are not repairable ,the console and keypad as to be replaced as one .
The keypads are on a membrane ribbon there is no way to repair them ,you have to replace the console /keypad