JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

My washer whirlpool wont spin

Customer Question

My washer whirlpool wont spin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Can you provide the Model and Serial so that we can better assist you with your problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model: LHW0050PQ4
serial: CAU3700353thanks
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Does the tub turn any at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
The first thing that I would check would be the belt. This machine has a belt coming from the motor up to the tub to spin the tub, you may have a broken belt or it may have just come off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the belt is on correctly its a new belt
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
If the belt is not the problem then you most likely have a controller issue. There are two circuit boards on this machine that control the functions of the machine. I would not recommend trying to replace either of these yourself, you would be better off to contact an appliance repair service to do this for you. The appliance service will be properly equipped to test each of these control boards and tell you exactly which one needs replacement otherwise you could end up replacing both if trying to do it yourself. The control boards work together to make you machine operate properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you today.Thank you for choosing justanswer.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
If you are satisfied with the answer that was provided Please go ahead and rate me.If you need additional assistance feel free to ask your question.