Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Advantium 120 oven light under applicance went out I got new

Customer Question

Advantium 120 oven light under applicance went out I got new bulb from GE and it still does not work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.These units are well know if when the bulb blows if the bulb filament touches a second time it will damage the main control board.Or if you remove the old bulb with out unplugging the unit from the wall and that filament touches it will do the same thing.You will have to replace the electronic control board.The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WB27X10776/1086391?rcaid=1000070 And yes the unplugging of the unit is in the use and care booklet page 38 . If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does it come with instructions on how to remove old board and insert new board
Ni it does not but it is easy to replace .just remove the grill above the door and console ,the console is held on by one screw at the top ,remove the screw and the console will fold open and the board is mounted right on the back side of the console.Just turn the power off or unplug the unit before starting to work on it .