Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Rf265 freezer not working - fridge fineLights work, thermostat set for

Customer Question

rf265 freezer not working - fridge fine
Lights work, thermostat set for -2, reads -2 on display, 20 degrees in freezer. I think that's just residual cold.
Freezer expelled a lot of water - a pint or two - twice - when this problem began. I'm familiar with ice buildup under tray at bottom of fridge. Is this part of the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most common cause of poor freezer temperature is a defrost issue causing lack of air flow. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer? May I please have your complete model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Number is *****No, I don't hear a fan in the freezer compartment. The freezer is maintaining a temperature of 25 degrees.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The fan not running is a problem. That fan must run to get the cold air circulating. Do you have a test meter to see if the fan is getting voltage?