JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

My husband spilled water on the LG cooktop. Now all 5 burners

Customer Question

my husband spilled water on the LG cooktop. Now all 5 burners are sparking. I have tried hair dryer, turning on gas, turning on oven. Nothing seems to be drying them out. What's next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
If you have spilled water on the cook top it can get into the control board and short the control board. This will cause the cook top to either not work at all or start acting and doing some weird stuff. Once the control board is damaged it will have to be replaced there is no fixing it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How will I know that has or is going to happen? Right now it's Still "clicking" on all 5 burners. The last 2 times he did this it dried out and continued to work fine. This is the first time all 5 burners have been affected
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
It could dry out and continue to work on its own. I would be extremely careful trying to dry it out yourself, you don't want to damage the control board anymore than what it maybe already. When did the spill occur?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. To answer your question... It happened yesterday morning about 6 am. Needless to say I was pretty red hot at hubby since I went out and bought a tea pot so that wouldn't happen after the last 2 times he did it. Well, the Lord must be smiling down on me as I managed to dodge another bullet. Everything is working fine today. Yes, I was EXTREMELY CAREFUL drying out the cook top. I went ahead and unplugged the electrical yesterday. I got tired of 5 burners clicking that reminder tune. I also took away my husbands stove privledges. He is like a little kid. Always an accident lurking to happen. I have even threatened to remove the burner dials off the front of the stove.
Listen, thank you for all your help. I'm hoping that with the threat of having to buy me a new LG stainless steel (top of the line of course) range my husband will behave from now on. If you read in the paper "woman shoots husband over stove" you will know who it is!!! LOL
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
I am glad that as is well, it sounds like everything will be okay.I think you husband deserves at least one more chance so don't shoot him just yet.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.Thank you for choosing justanswer.