John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a Maytag Fabricmatic (1985), and we're having a problem getting it to dra

Customer Question

Hi. We have a Maytag Fabricmatic (1985), and we're having a problem getting it to drain on spin cycle. It's really three related problems:
1. Some belt has detached from the bottom of the machine -- a narrow, round belt.
2. the water is leaking out of the bottom of the machine onto the floor.
3. Even though there's a massive leak, the actual water level has not gone down, and the soap hasn't rinsed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.I would have to assume the belt that has come off is the drain pump belt .And to look to see where the leak is remove the front panel (two screws on the bottom of the front panel and then raise the panel out at the bottom )And then you can see where the leak is coming from , the belt is under the unit so you will need to tilt the washer back against the wall and to do that you may have to bail some water out of the washer ,so it is easier to tilt.Let me know what you find.