Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Bosch Silence Plus 50 dBA dishwasher. When we close

Customer Question

We have a Bosch Silence Plus 50 dBA dishwasher. When we close the door and press the On button, the Active light goes on, but then when we press the Start button, it does not go on.
It is about 3 years old, and just recently we noticed we would have to hit the Start button more than once to get the cycle started.
Now it will not start at all.
Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There are two main things that could be causing the issue you are having. If the door switch is not closed or the control panel start button is not working mechanically. I suspect the issue is with the start button since you have had trouble with it in the past. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU!!! SHE3AR56UC/07
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The start button is part of the control available below. I suspect it will need to be replaced and is accessed by removing the screws from around the inner door and separating the panels. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE