Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Frigidaire Gallery Heavy duty commercial washer.

Customer Question

We have a Frigidaire Gallery Heavy duty commercial washer. It claims to have a 2 speed motor. Low speed does not appear to be working as it cannot start the spin cycle without manual help. Is? this a motor or transmission problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The issue isn't the transmission and it isn't the motor if it works on high speed. If the motor isn't running on slow speed but it hums, that means power isn't going to the start winding on the motor (but it is on high speed of course because the motor runs like normal). That means whatever switch is located behind the knob that you turn to adjust between low and high speed spin will need to be replaced. Also, the number you have listed for the model number is ***** correct. That may be a serial number but you'll need the model number to look up the correct part. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?