Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

It seems my viking dual fuel professional series 6 burner free

Customer Question

It seems my viking dual fuel professional series 6 burner free standing range oven will not turn off even though everything is turned off. It's not super hot, but the oven still is emitting heat it seems from the top part of the oven ( the bottom coil is cool to the touch). It almost seems like a pilot light is heating the top part under the range cooktop burners (like the old time stoves had)??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The gas ignition system is likely electric, so there is no pilots. That means that an element is likely staying energized with less than 240 VAC. If you examine the elements, do they both appear to be in good shape, not broken or anything? Do they both get red when set to heat? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?