John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an Amana refridgerator. The freezer is on the bottom

Customer Question

I have an Amana refridgerator. The freezer is on the bottom which is working fine. The fridge is getting warm.
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your appliance. Working together I hope we can figure the problem out for you.If the freezer is working OK, then you must have an air flow problem causing the cold air from the freezer not to move up into the food section. This is a common problem with the Amana bottom freezers.From the description of the problem, I think you have a frost problem inside the freezer. What happens is, the self defrosting function of the freezer is not working and frost has built up and is blocking the flow of air thru the fins on the cooling coil which in turn, blocks the flow of air to the food section.You should check the back wall of the freezer for frost in the slots.Tell me what you find