John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

John I have a Whirlpool duet dryer. The selector knob seemed tight. I was able to turn

Customer Question

Hi John I have a Whirlpool duet dryer. The selector knob seemed tight. I was able to turn it with more effort than I thought it should take but, it did turn. Then after doing a timed load I wanted to turn back to where I first had it. Now, I have a new replacement knob $20.00 and it won't go on. I've tried a rubber mallet but no luck. If I try to use the knob it comes off. I know about the flat side and have it lined up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
oh I found the model number sorry ! On the inside of the knob on the flat side can you see a flat peice of metal it puts friction on the shaft the knob slide on ,it may not be there if the knob just falls off.let me know.