Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My washer will not agitate or spin. I have replaced the motor,

Customer Question

My washer will not agitate or spin. I have replaced the motor, stars capacitor and timer. The motor hums and will run if I spin the pulley but will not start by itself. The lid switch and lock function normally.all tests hav been tried with the motor in place and with the motor removed from the v-belt
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Considering all you have replaced, I suspect the issue is with the wiring. Specifically, the wiring between the capacitor and the motor. It probably has a break in the wire that will test good with a meter but fail under a load. I would replace those wires.