Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Frigidaire freezer with a strange set of controls.

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire freezer with a strange set of controls. I don't know the record number. The controls read Deep Freeze which gives me either "-F" or the temp, a Temp control which converts from C to F and back, some kind or lock and another. I don't know what the last two controls do.
There are also up and down buttons which will give me a low temp for a matter of seconds.
Right now the freezer is a refrigerator and I can't find my manual. Can you tell me how to turn it back to freezer.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Number FFH17F7HWH
Serial Number WB14051740
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The high temperature is not a control issue. I suspect you have either a defrost problem or there is a refrigerant leak. Are you able to remove the cover from the evaporator, inside the freezer to inspect the frost pattern on the coil?