The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Norcold Refrigerator Model N811 Serial # ***** Group code

Customer Question

Norcold Refrigerator Model N811 Serial # ***** Group code 091118 Fins are not defrosting properly. I have tuned off item but waited almost 2 full days to get ice off them. I wiped them down with hot water towels to aid in defrost. Turned refrigerator back on after cleaning and drying unit. Within 3 days frost reappeared on fins away from drain and is not melting. HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.
hi, and welcome to JustAnswer.It sounds like your unit is in BOS (back up system) mode. This happens when the thermistor (temp sensor) fails. It allows the system to operate for a set amount of time rather than by the temperature sensed by the thermistor. To reduce the amount of icing reduce the temperature setting for now. Once the thermistor is replaced the unit will stop icing up on you.To defrost the unit quickly use a hair dryer set to medium heat.Let me know if you need anything else.Best, ***** ***** sure to select a positive rating before you log off.Thank you