Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I am working on a washer where all the cycles are working

Customer Question

I am working on a washer where all the cycles are working except when it gets to the rinse cycle it is not actually filling up and agitating. It will start filling for approximately 45 seconds and then the drain pump comes on and then a few seconds later
the water stops and it goes into spin mode for about a minute and after that minute it repeats that same rinse cycle I described three more times and then it will actually go into the spin cycle and complete it.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number for this unit is GTUP27OEMWW
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely with the hose that leads from the tub to the pressure switch. Are you able to access that hose at the pressure switch, number 905 in the diagram below, and remove it from the switch? If you blow though the hose, does air easily pass? CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit fills in its normal wash cycle and agitates and spins fine, but it is only when it goes into rinse that it doesn't fill all the way. This is a newer stack set unit, is it possible that this is how it goes through its rinse cycle or do you think it should fill and agitate while in rinse?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It should agitate to rinse the clothing. It may not fill all the way up with the load sensing feature but it should agitate. Does it do this in every cycle and no matter the load size?