Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I just hooked up a pre owned Thermador Double wall convection

Customer Question

I just hooked up a pre owned Thermador Double wall convection oven. Model C272US. The previous owner said that it worked fine. When hooked up to power the only thin that happens is the clock flashes. Nothing else responds when the touch pad is pressed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You'll need to make sure that you have power connected properly to the oven and if so, you either have a bad touchpad or a bad connection between the touchpad and the display board since the display board is definitely illuminating and getting power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a loose connection by pressing on everything and I got a beep. it looked okay but When held down I was able to get all the functions to light up. Problem is it is broke off from the mother board. it is the male end attached to the board where a female plugs into. It looks like it needs to be saudered. What is the best way to repair it?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unless you know of a company that can repair the board by soldering the connection back on, you would have to replace that board.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?