Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My 1100w microwave model NN-SD277 inverter will not operate.it

Customer Question

My 1100w microwave model NN-SD277 inverter will not operate.it has power ..only the clock works. No light comes on when opening door. When trying to run it it shuts down after 2 to 3 seconds
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The unit shuts down after 2-3 seconds because the magnetron isn't pulling any power. This can be caused from a bad magnetron, bad inverter board or one of the 3 door switches failing. Now since the light isn't coming on when the door is opened, it sounds like one of your 3 door switches has failed so below is a video that shows you how to test the door switches on a Whirlpool microwave. Panasonic isn't much different at all and the actual testing is the exact same. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?