John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Frigidare side by side not making ice or dispensing water.

Customer Question

Frigidare side by side not making ice or dispensing water. Replaced the celinoids behind and at the bottom of unit. Still not make ice or dispensing water? What next.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? Ok is the dispenser lock turned on ? And to make sure the unit is not making ice or not dispensing it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frididaire model frs26hf5ab3 no ice no water after replacing celidnoids in fridg.
Ok when you call for water or ice do you have voltage going to the solenoids to energize them? And to make sure the unit is not making ice or not dispensing it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Followed all directions when replacing electrical and water connections
ok can you answer the two questions I previously asked !which where ((Ok when you call for water or ice do you have voltage going to the solenoids to energize them?And to make sure the unit is not making ice or not dispensing it?))
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brand new part, I assume the voltage is what it should be. All I read about replacing seem to indicate that once you put it back together it started working.
Yes it would start working again IF the valve was actually the problem.It seems that you just replaced the part and have not done any testing.Do you have a volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it ? And I will ask this question a third time !! To make sure the unit is not making ice or not dispensing it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Makes no ice nor does it dispense it. I do not have a volt meter. Are suggesting the part is defective.
No I`m not suggesting the part is faulty ,very seldom does that happen.And on your valve you have three solenoids no way all three can be bad on a new valve.I do not think you are even getting voltage to the valve.When you open the freezer door does the interior light go on?This is how we test the freezer light switch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Light comes on. I have determined from disconnecting the water line to the ice maker that no water is getting to it. Still after replacing the part. No water comes to the water dispenser. Could it be in the lines coming from the filter.
NO!!! please read my post all of it !You are not getting water to the icemaker ,nor to the chilled water dispenser because the valve is not getting the voltage to it to open these different solenoids to let the water through the valve . Your issue is not the valve or the line that carry the water to the icemaker or the chilled water system .You have an electrical issue.If you open the freezer door and the interior light goes on ,that tell me the light switch is working .So the only other component that you have that is not giving the Three different voltages to each of the three solenoids on the valve .When the icemaker calls for water two solenoid have to get power / voltage .when you call for chilled water two of those solenoids have to get power /voltage to let water into the chilled water system .The ONLY thing that controls BOTH of those two functions is the power supply relay control board mounted in the dispenser area.I can give you a part number if you would like?
I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do. I`m an expert that works from a remote location and not in a Just Answer office. I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.