Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My GE washer GTWN4250M1WS will not start. The start button

Customer Question

My GE washer GTWN4250M1WS will not start. The start button does not respond. I've checked the cord and outlet. Both ok. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.Do all the other button seem to respond to you pressing the keypads ? And is the door completely closed and latched?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the other buttons work> This machine would allow me to set it with the door open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok then cancel the phone call. I'll wait for the online advice.
you should be able to program it with the door open ,just not start the cycle unless the door is closed. normally anyway.Do you think you can open the console and unmount the control board.this model has an actual button that when you press the button it presses a button on the control board almost like an extension of the button , we can see if pressing on the actual button will make the unit start.I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do. I`m an expert that works from a remote location and not in a Just Answer office. I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive canceled the phone call. I'll do what you suggested. Hold on please.
ok no problem! holding on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did dwhat you suggested. Machine still does not turn on. Pushing a switch does make a sound but washer does not turn on. I need to change to my Ipad so I can take it to washer. OK?
ok no problem.If you can push the actual button on the board and it clicks but nothing happens I recommend you replace the control board ,just the start button can not be replaced.The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/WH12X10524/2310008?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you.
No problem .If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech. And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question on this product just reply back to me, I will still assist you, no extra charges . But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.