Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My GE Dryer DPSR610EG8WT will not start, I can push the door

Customer Question

My GE Dryer DPSR610EG8WT will not start, I can push the door switch and start button in and it will start and turn. Once I release the start button it stops.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The motor has a faulty centrifugal switch. That switch is part of the motor assembly and will need to be replaced as such. The motor is shown as number 630 in the diagram at the link below. CLICK HERE The motor is available below. CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!