Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Maytag maxima model number mhw600xw0 has had the error

Customer Question

Hello my Maytag maxima model number mhw600xw0 has had the error code e01 and f09 constantly. I have tried everything from cleaning the filter and everything else. All the tutorials have machines have a 2 piece frontal piece. Ours is only 1 piece. How do I get rid of the error code e01 f09 and make my washer spin?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is no F09 E01 but there is F01 E09, could you have gotten them mixed up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes possibly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir, there is only e01 f09 error code being displayed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the manual for this problem and it is not stated in thwre
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I apologize, I looked up the model you posted which appears to be incorrect. Is your model MHW6000XW2, not the 600 series?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the model you posted must be missing the other 0.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize I did miss a 0
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
On the 6000 series, the F09 E01 error means the control "sees" that the water is not draining out in the time allowed. This can be caused by, of course, poor drainage or issues with other components. Is the water draining out completely and quickly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the water is draining out completely and quickly
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the part that measures the water in the tub may have issues. Can you remove the top of the machine?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Once the top is removed, there is a part in the right rear corner (facing from the front). It will look like the picture at the link below. CLICK HERE On that part is a very small hose that leads to the bottom of the tub. Air moves up and down that tube to measure the water level in the tub. If you remove that hose very carefully and blow thorugh it (the hose), does air easily pass?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does easily pass
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so that means one of two things. Either the pressure switch is not telling the control the proper information or the control is misinterpreting the information from the pressure switch. I have never replaced a control for that issue. I believe the pressure switch, a high failure part, will need to be replaced. The correct part for your machine is available below. Now, that being said, you may want to try the machine again because you may have unknowingly cleared a blockage in the pressure hose. CLICK HERE Thank you for taking the time to go through the diagnostic steps, you did great! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!