The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a samsung wf316lasxaa, with an nd error. chk'edthe

Customer Question

Hi I have a samsung wf316lasxaa, with an nd error. chk'edthe pump for blokage and it was fine, still same error. installed new pump and still an ND error, what else could cause not to drain
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer.Is the wash drum empty or is it not draining completely?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is water in drum. Drain cycle not starting. The last time this happened (over a year ago)I found a quarter in the pump. Cleared it and all was good. This time it was clear. I replaced pump and still recieving the same error.
Okay. What you need to do is test for voltage (120vac) going to the drain pump during a drain cycle. If there is no voltage then the problem is either the encoder (timer) or the main control board.Unfortunately the encoder is no longer available. The control board is.Please click here to order a new control board. Due to the lack of replacement parts for this particular model I suggest that you consider purchasing a new unit rather than repairing this one.Let me know if you need anything else.Best, Smitty